A sweet and sour tasting jam that goes great with just about any meal.
A great condiment for pork, hot dogs, hamburgers. Try serving some up on top of some cream cheese as a dip for nacho chips. Yummmm!
- 8 cups - finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup - finely chopped hot red peppers (The type? Suit to Taste. I use sweet instead of hot.)
- 2 cups - white vinegar
- 1 - package of Pectin
- 5 cups - white sugar ( I tend to cut back on the sugar. Add a couple of cups first and then taste. Add more to suit.)
- 1/3 cup - lemon juice
- Mix the sugar, peppers, vinegar, lemon juice together in a pot and let the mix sit overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, boil the mixture for at least 15 minutes. Longer if you want it thicker. (I usually slow boil the mixture down for a few hours until it is very thick.)
- When the mix is at the desired consistency, add the Pectin and boil for 1 minute more.
- Can the boiling mixture in sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch of head space. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from jars from the canner and set them on a soft towel to cool avoiding drafts.
- After a few minutes you will hear the lids pop meaning they have a good seal.
- Any jars that don't seal can be stored in the fridge and used within a few weeks.
- Once cool, clean the sealed jars and store.