This strawberry jam recipe is made with added pectin and yields about 8 half-pints.
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 pack powdered pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Wash, drain, and remove stems from strawberries.
- Crush berries.
- Combine fruit, lemon juice, and pectin in a large pot.
- Stirring occasionally, bring mixture to a boil.
- Add sugar, stir until dissolves.
- Allow mixture to return a rolling boil.
- Stir constantly, allowing jam to boil hard for a minute.
- Remove pot from heat. If needed, skim the foam.
- Spoon the hot jam into awaiting hot sterilized jars, allowing ¼ inch headspace.
- Place lids heated in very hot water to soften the seal ring and place on jars.
- Tighten with screw ring. Not hard. Just tight enough to seal.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- Remove from jars from the canner and set them on a soft towel to cool avoiding drafts.
- After a few minutes you will hear the lids pop meaning they have a good seal.
- Any jars that don't seal can be used right away and stored in the fridge.
- Once cool, clean the sealed jars and store.